What is VDI and Desktop-as-a-Service (DaaS)?
Imagine that your computer is with you... everywhere. Not just your laptop, but all the stuff in your computer: your files and your applications that can be accessible and usable from any computer or internet connected device, anywhere in the world.Learn more
What are the benefits of virtualizing my dekstop?
Using VDI can help save time and money, provide greater defense against catastrophic failure, and improve speed and performance. Switching to a virtual operating system, or accessing your desktop in the cloud can help solve all these problems and more.
Everyone has IT problems with their conventional computers and networks. These issues include: data security, loss of information, high availibility needs, on-demand storage, performance expectations and so on.
Microset Systems will deploy a Cloud or Infrastructure VDI solution that enables you to:
- Easily secure all data and machines, regardless of location.
- Provide users “anywhere, anytime” access to data and applications.
- Effortlessly provide ongoing support for corporate machines and assets.
- Enable all desktops to be compliant with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Enable business continuity and data protection in the event of a natural disaster or other unplanned workforce interruption.
- Lower ongoing operational cost.
Types of Desktop Virtualization
- Single Desktop Virtualization – When multiple operating systems or applications run on a single CPU remotely through a desktop computer or a notebook.
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure – When the virtual machines running the desktop operating system and applications is hosted in servers within a data center.
- Desktop-as-a-Service - is a cloud service in which the back-end of a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) is remotely hosted and the service is purchased on a subscription basis.