A virtualization service for workstations (Desktops/Laptops), by migrating the operating system, applications and data to a centralized private cloud platform. This service improves accessibility and security while reducing operating costs through standardization, data isolation, and the centralization of resources.
Key Business Benefits:
- No Contract, Predictable Month Costs with Pay-as-you-go Model
- Device and Location Independence, operating system licenses included
- Agility and Flexibility – New desktops can be provision in minutes.
- Expandable processing power and storage capacity on-demand.
Workspace-as-a-Service Use Cases
Controlled BYOD: Delivering desktops via a Bring Your Own Device program (BYOD) can be a great solution if managed properly. Whether your staff are working from home, internally or travelling internationally, users can be provided a Windows 7 or 8.1 desktop with all of their custom settings intact. Cloud-Based Desktops can be very helpful since the end-point devices never retains any data, and the desktop as well as any software applications are always controlled at the data center level. This increases reliability, security, and accessibility. Customers will achieve significant capital cost savings in hardware, licensing, and operational cost reductions with reduced maintenance and device troubleshooting.
Temporary Workers: With the ubiquity of mobility and the internet, the workforce is changing dramatically and companies are dealing with more workers who have a temporary or transient relationship with the organization. These include interns, consultants, temporary workers, contract employees, freelancers and others. Cloud-Based Desktops provide a cost effective way to provision and support these workers. The organization can control their security profile while giving the temporary worker access to the information and applications they need to do their jobs, during the time frames that they need access. With a pay-as-you-go subscription model, customers only pay for the desktops while they are in use.
Disaster Recovery: Having a disaster recovery plan to protect against a power outage, technical glitch, fire, hurricane or other similar disruption is critical for almost every organization. Most companies have disaster recovery strategies for their server infrastructure but not for their desktops. However, if a disaster occurs, the impact on end users – and the business – can be devastating. Cloud-Based Desktops provide a cost effective desktop disaster recovery solution that can be implemented easily, rapidly and only incurring cost once the desktops are activated.
Cloud-based desktop virtualization can provide businesses with a slew of very tangible and compelling benefits over traditional desktops. This includes:
- Reduced costs. Cloud-based virtual desktops eliminate up-front capital outlay and associated periodic hardware refresh cycles. The shift to a consumption-based, pay-as-you go cloud paradigm also unlocks the flexibility to scale up and down based on business needs.
- Simple management and support. Cloud-based virtual desktops come with central and remote management capabilities, enabling IT departments to have greater control, improved end-point security, and reduced management costs.
- Device and location independence. Device independence gives end users access to corporate applications and data from any device, without compromising data security or resource availability, while location independence gives users the flexibility to work from anywhere because the service provider has multiple locations.
- Agility and flexibility. New employees and contractors can be provisioned with the click of a button, and access to new applications can be provided equally seamlessly via a centralized management interface.